Coach Ted Lasso is is understood for a lot of issues: cheery optimism, a mustache that by some means actually works, and shortbread cookies which are adequate to win over even essentially the most hardened of hearts. The latter is the inspiration behind this week’s episode of Alt-Baking Bootcamp. Within the episode, nutritionist Mia Rigden demos a basic shortbread cookie recipe. However, in typical Alt-Baking Bootcamp trend, Rigden presents us with a technique to bake scrumptious gluten-free shortbread cookies with out dairy—or, truthfully, any effort by any means—which are simply as tasty Lasso’s beloved treats.
“This recipe solely has 5 easy substances,” Rigden says. And chances are high, if you happen to keep away from gluten, you have already got every thing available: gluten-free all-purpose flour, refined coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and salt. That is it.
In case you’re nervous that gluten-free shortbread cookies will not be flaky and scrumptious with out dairy or butter, put your entire considerations apart. The refined coconut oil, which is changing the butter that you just’d discover in a typical shortbread cookie recipe, provides the identical flaky texture with out including any coconut taste to the cookie. Plus the honey, which Rigden makes use of instead of refined sugar, provides sweetness and creaminess. The tip result’s a flavorful, flaky cookie that tastes so wealthy and buttery with none dairy or gluten that you could possibly bake in your sleep. (Significantly, petition to make shortbread cookies for breakfast a factor.)
Press play on the video above to see the recipe in motion, and comply with together with the total directions for the cookies under. And if you have not watched Ted Lasso but, it is a signal that you must go achieve this instantly—in any case, what else will you watch as you down this scrumptious dessert?
Dairy-free, gluten-free shortbread cookies recipe
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup refined coconut oil, delicate however not melted
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, or grease the perimeters.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the all-purpose flour and salt. Combine to mix.
3. Add within the coconut oil, adopted by the honey and vanilla extract. Proceed to combine till well-combined.
4. Press the dough into the baking pan to type a good layer, then use a fork to create holes on the highest of the dough.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or till barely golden. Test the oven at 25 minutes.
6. Take away from the oven and permit to chill fully earlier than chopping into rectangles.
Oh hello! You seem like somebody who loves free exercises, reductions for cutting-edge wellness manufacturers, and unique Nicely+Good content material. Join Nicely+, our on-line neighborhood of wellness insiders, and unlock your rewards immediately.