Espresso, collagen, and chocolate? That’s three of our favourite issues in a single recipe!
Whereas this chocolate bomb recipe would possibly sound too good to be true, you can also make this decadent espresso improve at house utilizing your collagen espresso creamer from Primal Kitchen. Delight brunch company or add a bit of class to a weekday brew with Collagen Espresso Chocolate Bombs. All you want is just a few substances and a sizzling chocolate bomb mildew.
Made with tempered chocolate, these “bombs” soften into sizzling espresso and infuse your cup with velvety, wealthy taste… plus, all of the collagen protein advantages from a scoop of Collagen Gas®. Add a bit of class to your caffeine repair with this crave-worthy espresso bomb recipe!
What Is a Chocolate Bomb?
A chocolate bomb is a hole orb product of tempered chocolate and full of a tasty shock—on this case, Collagen Gas! While you drop it in sizzling espresso, the chocolate melts, releasing the scrumptious contents. From there, you possibly can stir or use a frother or immersion blender to combine all of it collectively. Voila, your abnormal espresso is now a deluxe espresso beverage price bragging about!
Collagen Chocolate Bomb Recipe
Makes: 4 collagen espresso bombs
- 200g 85% chocolate bar (see notes for kinds of chocolate)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk powder
- 4 scoops Primal Kitchen Vanilla, Hazelnut or Chocolate Collagen Gas
- 24-32 oz. of your favourite espresso
- Whipped coconut cream
- Vanilla extract or powder
- Milk of selection
- Liquid stevia or monk fruit
Step 1: Mood Chocolate
Begin by chopping your chocolate. To mood utilizing a double boiler:
- Fill a pot with just a few inches of water and place it in your stovetop over medium warmth.
- Place a heat-safe bowl on high of the pot. It ought to be a bit of larger than the pot, and the underside of the bowl ought to sit properly inside the highest of the pot. Pour about 2/3 of your chopped chocolate into the pot.
- Use a spatula to stir the chocolate because it melts within the bowl. When the chocolate is sort of melted, use a meals thermometer to check the temperature of the chocolate. When the melted chocolate reaches 115 levels Fahrenheit (46 levels Celsius), shortly take away the bowl from the warmth.
- Add the remaining chocolate to the bowl a bit of at a time, stirring repeatedly to advertise the remainder of the chocolate melting. This may also assist calm down the melted chocolate barely.
- As soon as all the chocolate has been added and the temperature of the melted chocolate reaches 80 to 82 levels Fahrenheit (26 to twenty-eight Celsius), place the bowl again on the pot.
- Stir till the melted chocolate reaches 88 to 89 levels Fahrenheit (31 to 32 Celsius), then shortly take away it from the warmth once more. Now your chocolate is tempered and able to use!
Step 2: Make Your Espresso Bombs in a Sizzling Chocolate Bomb Mildew
I like to recommend utilizing a 2-inch or 2.5-inch silicone mildew for the espresso bombs.
Use a silicone brush to brush the chocolate all around the insides of every of the spherical molds. This recipe will make 4 or 5 espresso bombs relying on the scale of the mildew you employ and the way a lot chocolate you employ in every mildew, so you have to to “paint” the insides of 8 to 10 molds complete. I’d suggest beginning with 8. You may all the time make an extra one you probably have further chocolate.
After getting made your first chocolate layer, place the mildew(s) within the fridge for five to 10 minutes to harden.
Take away the molds from the fridge and repeat the method of brushing the chocolate contained in the molds, actually specializing in build up the chocolate close to the edges. Place the molds again within the fridge.
At this level, you possibly can try to take away the chocolate from the molds, or paint the chocolate within the molds a 3rd time. I’d suggest 3 instances complete to ensure your chocolate is thick sufficient and stays intact. Refrigerate one final time for about quarter-hour.
As soon as chilled and set, fastidiously take away every of the spherical halves from the molds.
Step 3: Fill the Espresso Bombs
In a small bowl, mix the coconut milk powder and collagen powder. Scoop the combination into 4 (or 5, for those who made 10) of the chocolate halves.
Brush a bit of melted chocolate on the surface rim of 1 empty chocolate half, then fastidiously press it on high of one of many crammed halves to create a sphere. In case you’d like, you possibly can brush some chocolate across the exterior of the place the edges joined and roll it in a bit of collagen powder or coconut milk powder, as proven within the image beneath.
Repeat with the remaining chocolate. Retailer the collagen bombs within the fridge.
Step 4: Take pleasure in a Collagen Espresso Chocolate Bomb!
Brew your favourite espresso. Pour a bit of in a mug after which add the collagen espresso bomb. Prime with extra espresso till the chocolate sphere melts and the contents come out. Use a bit of immersion blender or frother to mix every thing up.
Optionally, add your favourite milk to the espresso and/or high with whipped cream or coconut cream. Take pleasure in instantly.
- I like to recommend utilizing a chocolate bar quite than chocolate chips for this recipe. The chopped bar will soften higher and have extra success being tempered. I used a really darkish chocolate bar. Utilizing a low-carb chocolate bar (e.g., Lily’s) would most likely work as effectively.
- In case you can tolerate dairy, be at liberty to make use of common milk powder as a substitute of coconut milk powder.
Study extra about collagen protein advantages: