So here is the deal: These TikTok-friendly purple beauties comprise all the normal elements you most likely already affiliate with cookies (assume: flour, butter, sugar, and baking powder). Nevertheless, additionally they name for a beneficiant scoop of blueberries—and past giving the sweets their stunning hue, this not-so-secret ingredient affords some severe well being rewards.
To call only a few advantages of blueberries (as a result of, actually, we may very well be right here all day), these teeny-tiny fruits comprise a strong antioxidant generally known as anthocyanin, which helps shield our our bodies from the dangerous, inflammatory results of free radicals.
In addition they profit your cardiovascular well being. “Blueberries comprise highly effective bioactive compounds known as anthocyanins, a part of the flavonoid household, and in lab and animal experiments, we all know that anthocyanins—answerable for the sensible pink and blue colours in fruits and different plant meals—can cut back irritation, preserve arteries wholesome and versatile, enhance blood movement, and cut back levels of cholesterol,” dietary researcher Aedin Cassidy, PhD, instructed Nicely+Good.
And, as if all of this weren’t sufficient, blueberries are additionally good in your abdomen—which is precisely the place these cookies will likely be going when you’re accomplished studying this text. Why? Blueberries comprise prebiotic fiber that promotes a balanced intestine microbiome, which can bolster your immune system and cognitive well being by extension.
In case you simply cannot wait to make these beautiful morsels any longer, preserve scrolling to search out meals blogger Justine Doiron’s recipe for these blueberry cookies. In case you begin baking (checks watch) proper now, you may be having fun with ooey-gooey cookies in a single hour or much less.
Justine Dorian’s 7-ingredient, anti-inflammatory blueberry cookies
Yields 12 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Both within the microwave or on the stovetop, thaw the frozen blueberries till they’re gentle and jammy. Within the microwave this could take about 30 seconds on excessive warmth, and on the stovetop it ought to take about two to 3 minutes on medium warmth.
4. Let the blueberries cool for about two to 3 minutes. Whereas they’re cooling, use an electrical mixer or a stand mixer to cream collectively the butter and sugar till the combination is noticeably lighter and fluffy.
5. Add the blueberries to the butter and sugar and cream at a excessive velocity. You need to basically “mash” the blueberries into the combination, making it in order that they’re pureéd and absolutely mixed with the butter and sugar. The combination must be a deep purple coloration.
6. Step by step fold the dry elements in with the moist elements to type a dough. Combine within the white chocolate chips. The dough will likely be very slack, so chill within the freezer for half-hour earlier than shaping into 12 balls.
7. Bake the cookies at 400°F for 10 to 13 minutes or till barely brown on the perimeters. Let cool on a cooling rack for 5 to 10 minutes after which serve!